Register Your Dog
Register or renew your dog online now, or download the forms to post, email or present in person.
Dogs are welcome in the City of Melville, and by observing a few guidelines and working with the City of Melville, you can enjoy your pets safely and securely.
The main requirement, as per State Government legislation, is to register and microchip your dog from three months of age onwards.
All dogs three months of age or older must be registered and microchipped as stated in the Dog Act 1976.
There has been a change to the Dog Act 1976 which means that all dogs over three months of age must be microchipped as from 1 November 2015.
Microchipping is a permanent method of being able to identify dogs. The chip is very small (about the size of the grain of rice) and is inserted between the shoulder blades of the animal.
Microchipping is carried out by veterinarians and more information is also available under Dog Microchipping on the left hand menu.
The penalty for not registering a dog is a $200.00 fine.
Renew your Dog Registration Online
Renew your dog's registration online. Payment for renewals are available online until 31 December 2017.
Register your Dog for the First Time
Register your dog online for the first time and below are the options available.
|Regular||Cost||Pension/Concession Card Holder||Cost|
|1 Year||$20||1 Year||$10|
|3 Year||$42.50||3 Year||$21.25|
|Regular and Pension/Concession Card Holder||Cost|
Alternatively, download the Application to Register a dog form, and return the completed form and payment to the City of Melville:
- In person at the City of Melville Civic Centre, 10 Almondbury Road, Booragoon, from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday OR
- By mail to
City of Melville
Locked Bag 1
Booragoon WA 6954
Terms and Conditions
- Registration forms need to be accompanied with your dog's sterilisation certificate and their microchip certificate.
- All dogs must be microchipped, to microchip your dog, please contact your vet.
- Please notify the City of Melville when any change in details occur (change of ownership, address or the death of a dog).
- Concession rates apply for sterilised dogs, dogs owned by pensioners and no fee for Guide Dogs.
- Dog registrations expire on 31st October each year
- If you first register your dog after the 1st of June, half the normal fee is applicable for one year registration.