Register Your Cat
Register or renew your cat online now, or download the forms to post, email or present in person.
The main requirement, as per State Government legislation, is to register, sterilise and microchip your cat from six months of age onwards.
All cats six months of age or older must be registered, sterilised and microchipped as stated in the Cat Act 2011.
As of 1 November 2013 all cats need to be registered with their local Council.
Microchipping is a permanent method of being able to identify cats. The chip is placed by a vet under the skin at the nape of the neck.
The penalty for not registering or microchipping your cat is a $200.00 fine.
Renew your Cat Registration Online
Payment for renewals are no longer available online after 31 December 2017.
Register your Cat for the First Time
Register your cat online and below are the options available.
|Regular||Cost||Pension/Concession Card Holder||Cost|
|1 Year||$20||1 Year||$10|
|3 Year||$42.50||3 Year||$21.25|
Alternatively, download the Application to Register a cat form, and return the completed form and payment to the City of Melville:
- In person at the City of Melville Civic Centre, 10 Almondbury Road, Booragoon, from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday OR
- By mail to
City of Melville
Locked Bag 1
Booragoon WA 6954
Terms and Conditions
- Registration forms need to be accompanied with your cat's sterilisation certificate and their microchip certificate.
- All cats must be microchipped and sterilised, to microchip or sterilise your cat, please contact your vet.
- Please notify the City of Melville when any change in details occur (change of ownership, address or the death of a cat).
- Concession rates apply for cats owned by pensioners.
- Cat registrations expire on 31st October each year.