Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the Room Hire at Heathcote Cultural Precinct.
Please ensure you have read and understand the Term and Conditions of Room Hire below prior to making a booking.
The fees for the hire of the venues and facilities shall be at the rates as fixed by the City of Melville in its Annual Fees and Charges Schedule. Please refer to the fees and charges.
All fees must be paid at least 30 days prior to the date of the function.
When using the Heathcote Cultural Precinct rooms, a bond must be lodged as a guarantee that the venue and its facilities will be left clean and tidy and in an undamaged condition. The bond will be refunded subject to compliance with all of the conditions listed herein.
Bond: A bond of $300 is required for all bookings on site. Bonds are fully refundable if no damage/time penalties or extra cleaning is incurred.
Cancellations: If a cancellation is received at least seven days prior to the booking, the hire fee may be refunded. If cancellation is received six or less days prior to the function it is non-refundable.
Parking: There is NO PARKING in the drop off area or clock tower courtyard. Parking is available in the lower car park only. Disabled access parking is also available in the lower car park area.
Liquor: A liquor licence is required to consume alcohol on the Heathcote site (inside of the buildings). The licence must be purchased in person, at least one week prior to the function, from Heathcote Museum & Gallery or the City of Melville Civic Centre, 10 Almondbury Road, Ardross. More information about liquor licences at the City of Melville.
Catering: Hirers can contact the BWG Steakhouse on 9315 7700 to discuss any catering requirements for their function or hirers can self-cater.
Cleaning: The hirer is responsible for the set up and clean up of the building hired. Set and clean up must be done within the time of hire not outside of the booking allocation. HIRERS MUST BRING THEIR OWN CLEANING EQUIPMENT WITH THEM. An automatic bond penalty will be incurred if any of the above guidelines are not adhered to.
Rubbish: Rubbish must be removed from the rooms and placed in the bins provided – any excess is to be taken away. Additional bins may be hired from the City of Melville Waste Management Section (information on bin hire can be found here). Under no circumstances are bins to be moved from their location around the grounds for your function.
In Murray House, chairs and tables must be returned to the original classroom format after use. In Swan House and Kitchen Building, chairs and tables must be returned to the storeroom after use. A bond penalty will be incurred if these guidelines are not adhered to.
Security: The key must be collected from Heathcote Museum & Gallery, Swan House (Tuesday to Friday, 10.00am to 3.00pm or Saturday and Sunday 12noon to 4.00pm) the day prior to the function date. The hirer will be given an alarm code for the building hired. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the alarm is de-activated and re-activated properly. Penalties will apply if security personnel are called out. Keys must be returned promptly after the function – for your convenience a locked drop-box (via the brass letterbox flap) is located at the doorway to Administration Building, available 24 hours, seven days.
Smoking: There is no smoking within the premises at any time and the use of sparklers, smoke machines or naked flames within the buildings is strictly prohibited.
First Aid: There is no first aid equipment on site. Hirers will be responsible for supplying their own first aid equipment.
- These rooms are not available for hire for 18th birthdays, 21st birthdays, hens nights or bucks nights. Council regulations require functions to finish by 11.30pm.
- The hirer is responsible for the good order and decent behaviour of those present, leaving the building locked, clean and secure.
- Hirers must apply and obtain permission from the City of Melville in order to erect marquees or fixed features.
- Items are not to be stuck on the walls or furniture.
- Hirers must keep noise levels at a respectable level and not unduly impact on other site users and neighbouring residents.
- If a security callout is required or a smoke alarm is falsely activated due to any breach of the conditions outlined above the hirer will incur the full cost and this amount will be deducted from your bond.
The Management reserves the right to:
- Refuse any application.
- Cancel any bookings.
- Retain bond to cover additional cleaning time, time penalties, lights/heating left on, security call outs, any damage to the premises and key replacement.
- Retain bond, where appropriate, for other reasons not mentioned in this sheet that have impacted on the facility from having been hired.
Please note: Weekends and public holidays – all bookings/hirers will be jointly accountable for cleaning and damage costs. It is the hirer’s responsibility to check existing condition of venue at time of hiring and upon arrival, reporting any anomalies immediately to management.
For further information, please contact:
Address: Heathcote Cultural Precinct, Heathcote Museum & Gallery,
58 Duncraig Road, Applecross WA 6153
Phone: 9364 5666
Post: Locked Bag 1, Booragoon WA 6954
Room viewings are by appointment only.