Crèche facilities available for children aged 8 weeks - pre-primary age. Opening hours, information and fees available. Enrol online today
Both crèche facilities at LeisureFit Booragoon and LeisureFit Melville have the philosophy of fun with learning activities in a safe and positive environment. Our energetic staff are focused on making each day an experience for your child/ren with many activities to do such as;
- Colouring In
- Outdoor Playground
- Dress Ups and much MORE!!
With many varied activities available your childlren will love the experience and look forward to returning to the centres as much as you. Please note, televisions are not used in our crèche.
Children must be aged 8 weeks - pre-primary age to be eligable for crèche care.
Our crèches have created a wonderful culture within LeisureFit and any team member is more than happy to help you with any requests you may have. For more information, please email email@example.com. Or to make a booking call 9364 0808.
LeisureFit Booragoon (LFB)
Marmion Street, Booragoon
Monday to Friday
8.15am to 12.30pm
8.45am to 11.45am
Sunday and Public Holidays
LeisureFit Melville (LFM)
Corner Stock Road and Canning Highway, Melville
Monday to Friday
8.45am to 12.00pm
Sunday and Public Holidays
Payment must be made at the time of booking, therefore if paying by phone you must have credits on the system. Fees are as follows:
- $8.00 for non-members
- $5.60 for members (this includes siblings of those in our Gymbakids and Swim School programs).
- $56.00 for a block of 10 passes for members.
- $80.00 for a block of 10 passes for non-members.
These amounts are for a maximum of two hours. A late fee will be charged if you are longer than the maximum time. A fee of $1.00 per minute will be charged to the account which must be paid for before the next booking.
Very easy! Simply complete the Creche online enrolment form. Once submitted the Crèche Management Team will be in touch with further information. Otherwise simply visit one of our crèches and complete this form at the Centre. Please note, to be sure we have enough adequate supervision booking into the crèche is essential and might not be available if left too late.
1) What is an unlicensed Crèche?
The City of Melville crèches at LeisureFit Booragoon and LeisureFit Melville are registered as unlicensed crèches
- You, as the parent, must remain in the centre for the entire duration of your child’s booking.
- Your child’s booking must not exceed two hours (a late fee of $1.00 per minute per child may be charged if time limits are exceeded).
- You must be able to attend to your child’s need if required – staff will contact you and we request that you return to the crèche immediately.
We comply with regulations from the Department of Community Services and operate under the Children Services - crèche Regulation WA 2006.
To enable the City of Melville to provide the best possible service to parents and guardians using the crèche and for the City of Melville to meet the requirements associated with unlicensed crèche regulations, we rely on the cooperation of parents and guardians to complete several tasks.
Parents are required to:
- Remain within the building at all times and able to attend to child’s needs if required.
- Immediately return to the crèche if requested by centre staff.
- Complete all required paperwork including enrolment forms
- Sign child/ren in and out of the crèche each day.
- Inform crèche staff if their children have any allergies or medical conditions, and label their child with the specific allergy.
- Inform crèche staff if their children requires food/bottle/sleep at a particular time.
Parents are required to notify the City of Melville if the following occurs:
- Your child’s details have changed or are incorrect.
- Will not be attending their booking.
- If the child has or has had an illness.
2) Who is able to collect my child from the crèche?
Parents/guardians over the age of 18 years must sign their child in and out of the crèche each day with their full name under the Crèche Regulation WA 2006 and City of Melville Policies.
Persons collecting the child must be authorised on the enrolment form as this is a requirement of the Commonwealth Government. In the event of someone else coming to collect the child, the parent or guardian must have notified staff prior and completed the necessary paperwork. In the case of emergency where the parent or guardian cannot be contacted, the names and contact numbers on the enrolment form may be used and that person may collect the child. Any changes must be advised in writing to the crèche by the custodial parent.
If there is an order by court, magistrate or an officer of the Police Force that exempts a particular individual having access and/or communication with the child a copy of the order must be provided to the coordinator to protect the safety and care of their child.
3) If my child is sick am I able to get a credit if I have made a booking?
If a cancellation is made more than 24 hours in advance (in crèche hours the day before) then you are able to move your booking to another day or time with no extra charge. If you call in the morning of the day your child is supposed to be attending crèche, a credit/refund will not be approved.
4) What do I need to bring for my child to the crèche?
To ensure that your child has a smooth and enjoyable time at crèche please make sure that they bring the following;
- A bag for belongings
- Appropriate clothing and footwear
- Spare clothing
- Disposable nappies, wet wipes or underwear
- Bottles and/or drinks, preferably water
- Snacks – Please see the section Nut Free Policy (below question)
- Dummy, if required
On the very first visit to the crèche, you will need to bring;
- Completed Enrolment Form (if not already completed).
5) What food is allowed within the crèche for my child?
To protect the children in our care who may have allergies to peanuts and similar nut products, we have put into place a Nut Free Policy.
Products such as peanut better, Nutella, nut food bars and any other products which have nuts listed as an ingredient are strictly not permitted in the crèche. This is to prevent allergies arising and to protect everyone who enters the crèche environment who may have an allergy to nuts. If a child brings a product containing nuts into the crèche, they may not be allowed to eat it until they have left the crèche.
Parents of children who have a known allergy to nuts should inform crèche staff at time of enrolment and each time they book in. The severity of the child’s allergy, the symptoms and the emergency procedures to be followed in case of an allergic reaction will be discussed.
Please note: Epipens are the only medication that will be administered by staff in an emergency. Please ensure to tell crèche staff where to locate a child’s Epipen each time you visit the crèche. In the case of an allergic reaction, crèche staff will page the parent and start emergency procedures.
6) Is the crèche open on Public Holidays?
Our crèche facilities do not operate on public holidays.