Overlooking the spectacular Swan River in Applecross, Heathcote is a unique site offering uninterrupted views of the City and is set among beautifully restored heritage buildings and landscaped gardens.
Heathcote Cultural Centre
The spectacular location of the refurbished Heathcote site is home to the Heathcote Cultural Centre and Heathcote Museum and Gallery.
Overlooking the Swan River in Applecross, this unique site offers uninterrupted views of the City and is set among beautifully restored heritage buildings and landscaped gardens.
The Ceremony Area
The ceremony area is available for bookings and can accommodate up to sixty people.
Buildings for Hire
There is very limited shelter at Heathcote Reserve, so we recommend hiring a building as backup for your ceremony, in the unfortunate case of bad weather.
Challenger TAFE has two buildings for hire. The Kitchen Building is available at $55.00 per hour (or $260.00 for six hours) and the Swan House for $40.00 per hour or (or $210.00 for six hours).
An appointment must be made through Challenger TAFE to view these venues, so please call 1300 300 252.
Viewing the Area
You are welcome to view the ceremony area at the Heathcote Cultural Centre as the site is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. The area is located at the front of Canning House on the point overlooking the Swan River and is sign posted with brass plaques.
- Heathcote Reserve can only be booked for WEDDING CEREMONIES. No other applications (birthdays, school outings, bbq's etc) will be approved;
- THE CEREMONY AREA MAY ONLY BE BOOKED FOR A MAXIMUM OF 3 HOURS. Requests for longer bookings will NOT be accepted;
- No marquees of fixed fixtures are permitted on the site;
- No confetti is permitted;
- No more than 10 chairs and 1 table may be brought on to the reserve;
- ANY music requirements must be approved by the Bookings and Events Officer prior to your wedding;
- All bookings will be considered tentative until full payment is made.