Bull Creek Catchment Water Quality Improvement Plan
The Swan River Trust is developing a Water Quality Improvement Plan (WQIP) for the Bull Creek Catchment, after identifying the area as one of eight priority catchments across the Swan Canning region.
The Plan aims to improve water quality in the catchment by identifying and addressing key water quality and environmental values, establishing targets and providing best management practices for improving water quality.
The WQIP involves a five step process that will:
- Identify existing activities and the gaps that exist with water quality management within a catchment.
- Assess the current condition of the catchment based on water quality data and stakeholder information.
- Identify the values, objectives and targets for the catchment.
- Implement the actions and recommendations identified.
- Monitor and review the success of the program in relation to water quality improvements.
The City of Melville will participate in an effective collaborate planning process with the Swan River Trust, to prioritise recommendations and resources for the catchment. A dedicated project officer from the Swan River Trust will lead the project.
Working with the Swan River Trust will benefit the City, as they have had previous success in gaining external funding from Federal and State Governments for WQIPs.
The Swan River Trust will invest up to $125,000 in the Bull Creek Catchment to implement the actions in the Plan.