Garage Sale Trail
Put your sale on the trail! Be part of Australia's biggest Garage Sale.
The Garage Sale Trail, Australia’s fastest-growing sustainability and reuse event was on Saturday, 22 October 2016.
This year’s Garage Sale Trail was the biggest yet, with the City of Melville finishing top in WA and fifth in Australia, with 223 sellers and over 5,000 shoppers.
Most sellers that took part on the day may have some unsold items leftover, so here’s a few suggestions to reduce waste and encourage reuse in our community:
- Have items of value? - Sell it on Ebay or Gum Tree to get some extra cash
- Store items for next year's sale, or host your own garage sale
- Can't bear to throw it away? - Store it with Storage King. You can get one month free if you quote Garage Sale Trail when booking.
- Donate items to charity shops or drop clothes off to charity bins in your neighbourhood
- Download and check out the recycle right app to see what you can recycle in your yellow top bin
- Check out your next verge collection date and find out what to do with e-waste and hazardous waste, by visiting melvillecity.com.au/waste
If you have exhausted all other options and simple can't recycle, reuse or repurpose items, then take them to the Cockburn or Canning tip (fees apply).
Do NOT DUMP items or place them in public litter bins, it is illegal and could result in hefty fines.
For more information, visit www.garagesaletrail.com.au.