Jetties, Boardwalks and Boat Ramps
Please click on a subject below to see more information.
+ Jetties within the City of Melville
- Bicton Jetty – Blackwall Reach Parade at Polo Club, Bicton
- Kent Street Jetty (#1367) – 8 Blackwall Reach Parade, Bicton
- Point Walter Jetty – Honour Avenue, Pt Walter, Bicton
- Applecross Jetty – Ardross Street, Applecross
- Majestic Boardwalk Jetty – Majestic Close Applecross
- Raffles Jetty – Canning Beach Road, Applecross
- Rookwood St Jetty – The Esplanade Mt Pleasant
- Deep Water Point Jetty – The Esplanade Mt Pleasant (no tying up of boats, or offloading people permitted – all sign posted).
- Gunbower Street Jetty – The Esplanade Mt Pleasant
- Mt Henry Jetty – The Esplanade Mt Pleasant
Jetties are inspected by the Civil Assets Maintenance Supervisor on a quarterly basis. The decks are inspected along with the hand rails, understructure and steps and abuttments.
An External contractor is contacted to undertake any repairs/maintenance that are required.
To report a maintenance issue or damage to a jetty, please contact customer service on 1300 635 845 or
To land a boat on these jetties is permitted, but not to park up. So you may drop people onto a jetty and boats must leave immediately afterwards. Deep Water Point Jetty is the only jetty not permitted to drop passengers off to and is sign posted accordingly.
Any commercial enterprise wishing to use jetties for a commercial use - need to apply and pay a fee. Please refer to our Fees and Charges.
Jetty structures are required to be licensed by the Department for Planning and Infrastructure. This ensures procedure is followed and outlines the issues that the Swan River Trust will take into account when considering applications for private, community and commercial jetties and associated structures.
Boardwalks provide the opportunity to enhance the character of the river area. It may also add to recreational opportunities and encourage natural appreciation of the river.
In situations where topography, fragile riverbanks, natural drainage patterns, vegetation, fauna and/or lack of a foreshore reserve may prevent the construction of a pathway, a boardwalk may also provide opportunities for controlled access.
To report a maintenance issue or damage to a boardwalk, please contact customer service on 1300 635 845 or
+ Boat Ramps
To report a maintenance issue or damage to a boat ramp, please contact customer service on 1300 635 845 or