Dog Registration Due by 1 November
All dogs over three months of age must be registered. Click here to find out more about ensuring your dog is registered by 1 November.
All dogs over three months of age must be registered with the Council where they normally reside. If you move within the State, you do not have to re-register your dog, but the change of address must be given to the Council where the dog is currently registered. All registrations are due on the first of November each year and are valid for either one year or three years.
Registration helps you to recover your dog if lost and assists the Council to encourage responsible dog ownership and provide services to dog owners, for the benefit of the entire community.
A person under 18 years of age may not lawfully register a dog in his/her name. The dog must be registered by a parent or another adult who will then be regarded as the lawful owner.
Upon production of a Pensioner Concession Card, or both a Commonwealth and State Seniors Card, pensioners may register their dogs for half the prescribed fee.
|One year||Three years|
Special Needs and Discount Costs
- Any new dog registration for a one year period made between Friday, 31 May and Thursday, 31 October 2013 will cost only half the normal registration fee
- As from 1 June each registration year, half the normal fee will be applicable for first annual registrations only
- A Pensioner Concession Card gives a 50% reduction in the registration fee
- A Commonwealth Seniors Card and a State Seniors Card allows for a 50% reduction in the registration fee
- Guide Dogs are registered free
How to Register your Dog
- Download the form
- Complete the form
- Mail the form to City of Melville Dog Registration, Locked Bag 1, Booragoon, WA 6954
OR bring the form to the City of Melville Civic Centre, 10 Almondbury Road, Booragoon