Housing and Care Options for Seniors

Information on housing options, support and care services to assist independent living.

Seniors Housing

The Department of Commerce provides information on housing options for over 55’s, visit the department's Seniors Housing webpage.

You can also contact the Seniors Housing Centre on 1300 367 057 or seniors.housing@commerce.wa.gov.au

Home and Community Care (HACC)

The HACC program provides basic support services to eligible older people with a disability and their carers to assist them to continue to live independently at home.

To receive HACC services an assessment must be gained from the Regional Assessment Team (RAS) by calling 1300 785 415 for visiting www.health.wa.gov.au/hacc/home

For further information on Aged Care Services, download your copy of the Seniors Service Directory.

Home Care Packages

The Home Care Package program provides the next level of support if and when HACC support is no longer meeting your needs. This service provides seniors or people with a disability with higher level needs requiring care coordination and case management to assist independent living.

For more information or an assessment contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit www.myagedcare.gov.au

Accommodation – Independent Living Support Services

There are a range of styles of housing available for people who are able to live independently and look after themselves, with some low level of support. These homes are generally smaller than family homes and are easier to maintain. Some are located in retirement villages with a range of additional services.

Learn more in the Senior Services Directory.

Residential Care

Residential care is for those who wish to stay in a residential setting rather than their own home or family home. There are various residential care options available depending on the needs of the individual.

To access residential care you must be referred to an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) by your GP, via www.myagedcare.gov.au or call 1800 200 422.