Before You Book - Parks and Gardens
A brief description of any documents or conditions that may apply or be required for any bookings.
This page includes information on things you need to know and the approval process.
You are required to place a booking to ensure that the reserve is suitable for the requests activity. It also ensures that the reserve isn’t closed for maintenance. No other bookings will be accepted for the reserve during the requested times, but the reserve may still be used by casual users (family picnics etc.). The area or reserve will not be fenced off to the general public.
Things to know
If you are planning on including tents, marquees, spectator stand and stages, please indicate this on the booking form. You will need to read and agree to the conditions for installing a structure on the reserve. You may also be required to complete a form on the day of your booking. The Booking and Events Officer will advise you if this is required once you submitt your application.
The area must be cleared of any litter at the conclusion of your booking. You may want to hire additional bins to assist in the removal of any rubbish associated with your booking. If the City is required to undertake a clean up of the area as a result of a booking, then the cost associated with this will be forwarded onto the hirer.
If you are planning on consuming or selling alcohol at your booking you must apply for a liquor consumption licence. If a relevant liquor licence is not present at the booking, then fines may apply.
Any noise generated at events should not unreasonably impact upon nearby residents by exceeding ‘assigned levels’ under the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997.
All organisations or groups acting on behalf of an organisation must provide with the City of Melville with a copy of current Public Liability Insurance. The value of this must be a minimum of $10 million. If you are unsure if this is required as part of your request please complete the Public Liability Disclaimer . If you are attaching a Certificate of Currency then Public Liability Disclaimer is not required.
The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the electricity supply and installations are safe, appropriately tagged and in compliance with all legislation requirements.Bookings utilising electrical installations, such as lighting and generators, are required to have a registered electrician fill out a Certificate of Electrical Compliance.
To check if your date and time is available please contact Customer Service on 1300 635 845. Please note, the bookings are place in the system as the forms are received. Availability for the requested date may change. An applicant should not consider the venue/date requested booked until an approval letter has been received.
Particular reserves are suitable for different size groups. Please check prior to completing the form if the venue is suitable.
- Once an application is received, it is sent to the Bookings and Events Officer. The booking form is checked to ensure all required fields have been completed. Any incomplete forms will be sent back to the applicant and the requested date will not be put on hold.
- If other City of Melville officers are required to supply approval, the Bookings and Events Officer will seek this on behalf of the applicant. Please note, further forms or information might be required to be supplied by the applicant.
- A letter advising the outcome of the request will be issued to the applicant. This generally happens within 10 working days of the request being submitted.
- If the request has been approved an invoice will be included with the approval letter.
- Payment on this invoice is required within 14 working days. The booking date is held in the system pending payment. If payment is not received then the requested date will be released for other applicants.
- Once payment is received, a permit will be issued in the mail. This permit must be on site during the booking. You may be requested to produce this by a City of Melville Officer as proof of your booking.
- If a bond has been paid, then the reserve will be assessed after the booking. Providing there is no damage to the reserve, then the bond will be refunded via a cheque in the mail. It may take 3-4 weeks before the applicant will receive the cheque.