The City of Melville runs a range of Local History programs from preservation and conservation to educational activities.
- Research and documentation of historical material
- Preservation of the collections
Education, Access and Community involvement
- Art exhibitions featuring local and national artists, curators and community groups
- Museum exhibitions developed by Museums and Local History and in collaboration with state organizations and local community groups.
- Site tours exploring the history of the Heathcote and Wireless Hill sites.
- Gallery tours looking at how an exhibition is developed
- Workshops in diverse art media.
- Work and student placements in museum and gallery work.
- Community development projects in conjunction with other City of Melville staff.