The City of Melville Museum collections consist of objects, photographs and documents. The Museums and Local History service area is responsible for looking after them and making them accessible to a wide audience.
- Heathcote collection consists of material relating to the Heathcote Mental Reception Home.
- Melville Discovery Centre collects diverse material relating to the development of the Melville area and of its people, past and present.
- Wireless Hill Telecommunications Museum collection includes objects that tell the story of the former Applecross Wireless Station and of equipment impacting on telecommunications in Western Australia.
- The Local History Reference Collection contains files, books and documents pertaining to the development of the area and the people of Melville.
- Information relating to heritage sites is located within the Local History reference collection. Heritage includes the natural, Indigenous and built environment. Museums and Local History provides assistance on heritage research. Other heritage issues and the Municipal Inventory are located in the City’s Planning Department.