Supports Environmental Friends Groups
The City of Melville Environmental Team could not manage or protect the areas of bushland and foreshore under our care without the valuable help and support of community volunteers.
These dedicated Friends groups are the 'eyes and ears' of our reserves and carry out many projects that would not be possible without them. In recognition of this, the City of Melville supports the groups by providing:
- equipment and tools;
- plants, mulch and other materials;
- access to management plans, maps, aerial photos, etc;
- support of events, printing, advertising, etc;
- assistance with funding applications;
- provision of, or assistance with training.